What a super day! If I were a fan of pro football, you could easily credit my excitement to the super bowl. Alas, my love of football ends with the Buckeyes, so you can bet that until this morning, I wasn't even sure who was playing in today's super line-up.
My hubbie, however, has been glued to the TV since 7:45. Nah, he doesn't care about pro football either. He's watching the NUMBERS. We've got big money on this game ($20?), and if our numbers hit—0 & 7—we'll be rich!
I lied, not rich. But it would be enough to make our upcoming overnight date (sans Noah!) a little more affordable. So everyone root for the Giants to score (making it 10–7) and then win out. That would be great.
I digress... aside from the funny Budweiser commercials that always crown this day, I have another reason to feel SUPER... I am DONE WITH MY TAXES—already!! I think it's a first. I am usually that girl who is driving to the mailbox at the earliest on April 8th, and more typically at 9 PM on April 15th.
I had an overzealous government teacher my senior year of high school, and he made certain that we spent a whole quarter on mastering how to do our taxes. As a result, I have been stubborn about doing my own, using a good old No. 2 pencil and a 10-year-old calculator (I CANNOT do math in my head). Last year after David and I bought a house, I got spooked and thought maybe I'd better leave the tax preparation up to professionals.
That was a mistake. I won't rat out the company (a run-of-the-mill tax place), but I can tell you I was sorely disappointed. We spent $131 to have my tax professional overlook two deductions that I had to point out... I obviously could have done a better job myself.
This year, I took a different approach. I bought the deluxe version of turbo tax and settled in for a tax session extravaganza this morning during Noah's nap. It was fabulous... one hour later and my federal and state taxes were done, filed, outta here!
We are obviously getting a refund; otherwise, I doubt I'd be so bouyant by this day. That aside, I'm just thrilled that—for once—I am AHEAD of schedule. Sure, I still have five Christmas thank-you notes to write, I just bought my 2008 planner, my car has doggie-nose smudges from last summer on the inside back window...I am clearly not the most timely individual in the world.
But, today, for one moment, I am AHEAD of the eight ball. Since I know this won't last, I am going to bask in the glory of un-procrastination for a day or so. And maybe tomorrow I'll work on the thank-you notes.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Super Sunday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good job sweetie! My Christmas thank you notes are sitting in a box leering at me as I type...
Way to go! You are further than I...but I am a pretty good procrastinator.
Oh my! Are you supposed to write thank you notes for Christmas gifts???
: )
Post a Comment