Sunday, February 17, 2008

Christmas in February

My cousin Sherry and her boyfriend's daughter, Brenna, came up for a visit yesterday afternoon. It was their first trip up here, and after the usual confusion about the genius engineer who designed Sycamore Road's navigational signs, they managed to arrive safely.

Sher is the only child of my mom's youngest sister, and we were practically raised as sisters. I saw her at least once, sometimes 2–3 times a week, growing up. Even though she's nine years older than me, we've been very close over the years.

That said, once David and I moved to Mount Vernon two years ago (and had Noah), and Sher relocated to Dayton with Michael, we've hardly had a chance to get together.

Normally, holidays are a given that we'll have a chance to catch up. But this year, she and Michael were in Vegas for Christmas with his family. So it was a special treat that she offered to drive up yesterday to see the house, play with Noah and give us our Christmas presents.

Noah was a little under the weather—he's cutting four teeth in his upper gums, poor guy—but he still managed to put on a show for Sherry. He was thrilled to be able to rip open presents (okay, he was more thrilled to eat the paper). Sher got him this cute Moose that had a recordable message option. Noah's face was priceless when you pushed the "play" button... how in the heck was that Moose talking?! Too sweet.

For David and I...a movie package and a candle set (the very same ones we put to use last night!). Very thoughtful gifts all around. :)

If I had been thinking clearly, I would have captured a shot of Noah WITH Sher, but instead I only managed to catch Noah enjoying his part of the presents. Merry Christmas!

No comments: