Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Down for the count

So I've been AWL... blog abuse, I know!

Last week was nuts at work and at home; over the weekend I was away; and Sunday night I came down with that nasty cold bug that's been floating around everywhere.

I took Monday and Tuesday off work and literally slept for two days straight. Boy did I need that! David was kind enough to cart Noah to and from daycare and to handle the baby motions at home too.

Now it looks like David is getting sick, so I'm back in action, despite the fact that I'd rather be under the covers.

There are only two times in the nearly nine months that I've been blessed to have Noah in my life that I thought, "Being a mom is SO FLIPPIN' HARD!" The first time was in those early weeks of nursing, when I was certain my poor boobs would never recover and that I would never get more than two hours of sleep again. The second time is this week—being sick AND taking care of a baby... and so far most of that burden has fallen on David!

I am certain I'll manage, but man do I wish I could just crawl back to bed right now.

When I'm feeling better, I promise to post updates from the weekend, my Nutrisystem quest, and even some pretty pictures from the recent (and seemingly endless) snowfalls. For now, it's back to work!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Honey, I hope you feel better! Nothing sucks like being sick and still taking care of the babe. Hopefully by now you will be getting back some energy! Please call me if you need anything or need to complain or otherwise!
Love you!
Emy