Friday, February 22, 2008

Anticipation

I'm all tingly today... the weekend is nearly here, and with it, the first date David and I will go on since Noah was born!
Woohoo!

We didn't intend for the dateless streak to go on this long. But for various reasons—babysitters, scheduling, nursing, etc.—we haven't managed to get it together until now.

So, tonight we are crossing our fingers that the winter weather will be gone by 6 PM, and we're driving the 2.5 hours northeast toward my parents' house. We'll stay there as a family tonight. Tomorrow morning, David and I are jetting off to Presque Isle, Pennsylvania (Erie) to go to the movies, eat a nice dinner, do some gambling at the casino there, and sleep—sans baby.

I am elated! I cannot wait to get our journey started. I'll be sure to post pictures and a recap later this weekend. Everyone else, stay safe and warm today!

2 comments:

Emily said...

BE SAFE, other than that, HAVE A FLIPPIN BLAST!!! You deserve it, Noah will be so happy to see you when you get back, it will be a little sugar on top of a great weekend!
Have lots of fun, throw a couple nickels in the slots for me! (that is all I am allowed to do after previous losses)
Love you guys!

Gamma said...

sounds good to me! enjoy yourselves and hope you win big!