Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Third time's the charm?

I'm starting to think we smell... or that our son scares people... or that we're not as cool as we thought we were. Last Thursday, our fabulous babysitter gave us her notice that she can no longer care for Noah. And now we have two weeks to find just the right person to trust with our baby.

Tracie, our current sitter, has to go back to work full-time because of the economy. She's devastated, because it means her son Jalen (Noah's best buddy) has to go to daycare as well. And we're crushed because she was really really good.

I don't really have time to dwell on our situation, though. We only have 17 days to find Ms. Right. We've already conducted two interviews, and we have four others lined up in the next 7 days.

Monday's interview was bad. At best, that mom deserved a 6 out of 10. Today's candidate was infinitely better. I'd rate her an 8.5, maybe a 9. Great house too!

On the docket next week is the babysitter who watches Leylynn—Noah's first friend from his first sitter (a bit crazy that he's been through two already!). We're hoping we like her because it would be neat to reunite the kids. Plus, her house is literally a few blocks from my office. You can't get more convenient than that!

Reunion or not, I'm not a fan of this process. I'm not worried anymore about Noah adjusting; he's happy wherever he lands. But I will always worry and wonder if we're choosing the right person. You just never know about people. That first day when I walk away from the door, I know my pulse will quicken and I'll sigh deeply. And I'll just have to hope that when I go back to pick up Noah that afternoon, he will be there, safe and sound.

On to interview No. 3...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That sucks! :( It's hard choosing the right person. I've been very lucky with Sheree who I have been with for 6 years. She has always taken care of the kids like they were her own. Too bad your not in my neck of the woods, I have decided to stay home and babysit and I would of loved to have Noah around. Good luck on the search! :)

Jen said...

Good luck. I am hopeful that you will find success soon!