Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dinosaur weeds

We have growing in our side yard what I dub the "Dinosaur Weeds." They're gigantic!


That's not a bush you're looking at, it's a 10-stalk weed that shrivels and dies each November and sprouts again faithfully each May. It reminds me a bit of overgrown rhubarb, since its stalks are bright red. But it also grows thousands of... berries? buds? leaves?... that add to its charm, if that's possible with unwanted greenery.

I wanted to use Noah for perspective, but you can't quite appreciate the true stature of these so-called "plants." Anyone have a clue what it is?

3 comments:

JWilson said...

No clue what it is but if you find out let me know because it sounds and looks like something we have in the back of our yard too.

Anonymous said...

Noah looks so big on his tractor...soooo cute!
Sherri

Jen said...

No idea at all, but I think they are bushes. I have never seen weeds that big!