Monday, July 20, 2009

Day at Deanna's

I didn't plan to visit my best friend, Deanna, on Sunday, but that's exactly what I was treated to last-minute. I swear we have the most challenging schedules. Her slow time is my busy time, and we simply struggle to find a day to get together. Plus there's the matter of the 2.5-hour drive...

When she told me that she may or may not go camping with her family this weekend, I took notice of the chilly, rainy temperatures and sent her a text message to see what she was up to. That led to us agreeing to gather on Sunday at her house—all decided at 11 p.m. on Saturday night!

Just like my visits with my family, a visit with Deanna fills me up with all those best-friend "happies" I love so very much. And now that our families are getting older—just the kids, of course—it's fun to watch them play together and grow up with each other. All in all, it's a gathering both David and I look forward to, and we leave feeling satisfied with life.


It was a bit nippy on Sunday, but David owed me pool duty since he was unable to expose his new tattoo to sun or chemicals when we went to Maumee Bay a few weeks ago. So I packed his suit and broke the bad news on the way down. He swears the pool temp was "comfortable," but Noah's shivering tells me otherwise.

Look at the tough life Noah has! That's a serious lounger...


Deanna's boys had already gotten out of the pool when David and Noah got in, but they couldn't resist getting back in to splash around. L–R: Noah & David, then Parker (3) and Joey (4).

It didn't take long before all parties abandoned the pool for the hot tub.


Just yesterday Deanna had a third child—a girl—Raya. Or wait, Raya's already a year old! Where did the time go?


Little Joey & Parker are little boys who have grown-up toys. You should see them riding a dirt bike—with training wheels!—and a real, miniature quad. They're pros! They also have a plethora of power-wheel toys, including this quad that Noah couldn't get enough of. Not looking much like two is he?


I do believe we already have a plan to meet up again in a few weeks. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

You've had quite the reunions lately! Looks like a great day by the pool. Mason just got that power wheels quad for his birthday and I can't keep him off of it. Maybe a Christmas present for Noah???

JWilson said...

I can't believe after having all of us girls over for bookclub saturday afternoon you turned around and make that trip!

It sounds like it was a great day and that pool looks very inviting. :)

Jen said...

Awesome! Good for you guys. You are lucky to have such a great friend!