Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Real Women of Genius: Holy chicken!

I must love my husband, because I'm am about to describe in detail my latest—and possibly one of my greatest—blonde moments. Mind you, I have to work even harder to achieve these moments given my naturally brunette locks.

With that, here's the lowdown: When we were walking into the Knox County Fair on Sunday, I caught a white, fluffy bird out of the corner of my eye. Thinking I was witnessing one of those home-grown (and never, ever hormonally influenced) 4-H cluckers, I exclaimed, "Holy chicken!"

That prompted David to look... and laugh. He said, "Ah, that's a turkey." Indeed, upon closer inspection the portly bird also had a red turkey's wattle (the dangle-y part on his neck). Adding insult to injury, I then witnessed the bird's nearby buddy puff up its chest and strut across the grass. Definitely turkeys. Whoops.


My husband could not resist. He said (with a glint in his eye), "We will get closer, and you will take a picture of your 'chicken,' and you will blog about it."

See, I'm a good sport. I'm not afraid of a little humiliation in the name of blogging.

4 comments:

JWilson said...

Don't you just hate when you have those moments around the men. They never let you forget.

Thanks for sharing though it is funny! :)

Anonymous said...

I would have said the SAME thing. Its big and feathery and it would freak me out enough to NOT CARE what the crap it was!
How funny
Love you,
Em

Lindsay said...

That is so funny! I can definitely see myself doing something like that, and yes the men never forget those little moments. :)

Shauna said...

I've never seen a white turkey... and I didn't know that thing was called a "wattle." I thought it was called "hangie down thing."