Whitney is right—"Crack IS Whack!" Nobody needs that kind of addiction. But blogging... blogging is bliss.
My little addiction to reading the blogs of my friends is what got me started with my own blogs (McCallen Musings, the Titus Round Robin—a family ditty, and helping Em with the Owl blog). Perhaps it's the window into someone's life that gets me going.
I like reality television—the train wrecks, the emotional tugs, the highs and lows—so it would only be natural for me to carry this love onto the Internet.
I'm not much of a phone person. I will respond to e-mail any day, but to catch me on the phone is rare. I don't know when that started... as a teenager I spent HOURS on the phone each night. Somewhere in my college years, I suppose, when I discovered the nifty way of communicating at all hours of the day and night and the excitement of getting little bits of cyber mail each day (almost as good as passing notes!)...that's when my love of e-mail began.
Blogging combines the best parts of several communication mediums. You get the drama of the television and the excitement of news/mail all in one.
And it's therapeutic too. Having a blog is just as healing as writing in a journal or diary. The words just spill out, fingers flying over keys, and then it's out. Over. Better (a least a little).
I think everyone should have a blog. We would all understand each other a little better. The support networks would be amazing! The public record of it all would be irreplaceable (what a history lesson!).
There it is... my own blog-opia.
Since that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, I hope all the folks who read this blog will consider writing one of their own (and let me know if you do!).
It's the most fun... I promise!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
My little addiction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
WORD UP MAMA!
I am also a blog addict and very proud of it, I love going through and looking back. Its so cathartic, I have always kept a journal but I moved onto a blog about 2 and a half years ago, the one part of having the blog is it makes you even more accountable for your actions than a jounal does and you have a support team (God Bless comments) to keep you going.
I love your thoughts on the blog, its part of my morning routine, get up, change any diapers/pullups, put on Mickey Mouse clubhouse and CHECK MY BLOGS as I sip my diet coke, its the best. Thank you for starting yours!
Yep, totally agree Tiffany. Folks have asked if I've felt "pressured" to post entries. If anything, the past year of events has made me BEG for time to debrief and unload in a blog entry. It's for me. And it is good.
Thanks for your thoughts. If only there was a cheap, cool way to print these suckers out and bind them like a photo album/journal. Wanna go into business?
Post a Comment