Thursday, January 17, 2008

DC discoveries

I'm here! I have a rare moment of downtime during my planning meeting agenda, so I thought I'd take a moment to catch up on my blog.

After zero (zip, zilch!) hours of sleep last night, I hopped in the shower at 2 AM, was on the road at 3, and made it to the airport by 5:30 AM this morning. By 9 ish, my colleague, Michelle, and I were checking into our hotel.

A couple things to note: I did not have a meltdown when I kissed my little boy goodbye. Miracles! :) I am a pillar of strength today... not even having checked in with the babysitter to see how Noah is doing. Wow.

As it turns out, I am a working adult after all—distracted by deadlines and meetings, and dining on grown-up food with grown-up conversations. Who knew?!

Later tonight I'm heading out with folks from my organization for dinner at this Pan-Asian restaurant called Oya (I know... what a name), and then it's time for me to CRASH. I'm so tired now I can barely keep my eyes open.

Tomorrow is a fun-filled day: meeting with the conference services staff, schmoozing with board members, checking out cool DC reception venues, Washington Times sponsor ask meeting, perhaps popping into the Native American Museum, dinner somewhere delicious, and call it a day.

Saturday I fly home to see my favorite two men in the world. Can't wait! :)

P.S. I want to note for those of you who know of my infamous deer-related accidents... I saw TWENTY-FIVE deer this morning on the way to my office/airport. A pack of 8, a pack of 10, 1 doe who was inches away from her demise, a group of three near Sunbury and three in Westerville at County Line & State! All but three of those deer chose to run across the road... too close for my comfort. Geesh. I really am the deer whisperer.

P.S.S. DC is so pretty today! They picked up a couple inches of snow... really does a lot for a a concrete jungle in winter.

1 comment:

Emily said...

So proud of you!
Love,
Em