I just have to mention it... I find it terribly tragic that Heath Ledger died. I was certainly not a super fan of his, but he was definitely easy on the eyes in all his films. One, in particular, has a little meaning for me.
When David and I were first discovering that we liked each other, we watched a lot of movies. Our living arrangements were rather dorm-inspired (our apartment doors were across from each other), so we "hung out" a LOT... I mean until the wee hours of morning most days.
Since I had literally watched about five movies in the six years prior to meeting David, I had a lot of catching up to do. One movie he owned (or maybe it was his roommate/cousin, Phill), was "A Knight's Tale." What a terrific, sappy, pop-culture-at-its-best/worst flick.
Around that time, David had a nifty habit of saying some of the sweetest, most unexpected things to me (don't get too surprised... he was still as "colorful" as ever too!). If I were cool, I would be able to tell you the Shakespeare-esque line he threw me as I watched "A Knight's Tale." Unfortunately, I am not cool, and I can't remember it... what I DO remember is that I turned to mush.
That moment was one of the first times I saw David in a different light... as someone more than the neighbor buddy who listened to all my problems and with whom I shared multiple bottles of wine.
So I feel like I owe Heath a little shout out to say thanks for the memories—and the background music/images—that helped me fall in love with my amazing hubby.
Poor guy... I hope he rests in peace.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
A Knight's Tale
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment