Friday, January 25, 2008

Mini moment

Noah gifted me with one of those heart-melting mommy moments last night. Sweet little man...

David put him to bed, but Noah did his usual "tuck and roll" maneuver. So we let him cry for 20 minutes, and then I went in to check on him. At the sight of me he began laughing and jumping. I practiced my book-suggested, "don't pick him up" method, and instead kissed him on the forehead and rubbed his tiny back.

His chubby little arms were stretching up toward me (Hey mom, pick me up!), but I held firm. Inspired by the sight of my t-shirt on the floor next to the crib (which I had worn for a day and then given David to help Noah "cuddle" with mommy when I was in DC last week), I tossed the shirt into the crib.

Noah DOVE on the shirt, and began "nursing" it. (He pretends to nurse ALL the time, even though we stopped our nursing routine about three months ago.) He looked content, so I quietly crept out of the room.

Five minutes later, I realized the nursery was silent... so I softly opened the door to check on the big guy. There he was, on his side, eyelids tightly shut, tiny fists wrapped around my t-shirt and his little mouth moving rhythmically against the fabric. Be still my heart. Mommy rules...

3 comments:

Emily said...

YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!!! Good job Mom!!

Shauna said...

I would now like to have a child.

Just teasin' - but oh my! That brought tears to my eyes!

Gamma said...

This story is adorable and needs to go in his baby book or scrap or something! I just love it!