Thursday, June 18, 2009

On this day, four years ago...

On June 18, 2005, David and I were doing this:


Aren't we fancy?! Nah, I always kiss my handsome hubby in uniform and a flowing white dress overlooking the water. That's just the way we roll!

Perhaps I'm a bit of a fibber, because I can't say I've worn a dress quite that beautiful in the years since. And that stellar uniform? It made just one other appearance for a Memorial Day event.

But what a day! We were so lucky to be surrounded by hundreds of people from our close family and friends. So many made the long drive from Columbus to no-man's-land Northeast Ohio, and we both enjoyed and were thoroughly grateful to them.

I was in love with the whole affair—my groom, the guests, the flowers, the cake, the dancing and the late hours of celebration. It was a night to remember, no doubt about it.

To my hubby: I love you so darn much. I wish we danced every day like we did that night—pitiful height difference and all. Thank you for surviving a bombing and walking into my life at your cousin's apartment. If that isn't fate, I don't know what is!

And because I'm feeling a little sappy tonight, I'm reprinting one of the readings from that day.


Apache blessing

Now you will feel no rain,
for each of you will be shelter for the other.
Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there will be no loneliness,
for each of you will be companion to the other.
Now you are two persons,
but there is only one life before you.
May beauty surround you both in the
journey ahead and through all the years,
May happiness be your companion and
your days together be good and long upon the earth.

5 comments:

JWilson said...

Happy Aniversary Tif. Your wedding was beautiful and I was so happy to be there with you two that day.

Shauna said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!! :) That was a BEAUTIFUL day! :)

Jen said...

WOW! Happy Anniversary! Nice of me to remember. .. Hope you have a great night!

jeff said...

Congrats on 4 great years! Wishing you many more, and lets get rolling on kid #2 Camey needs a playmate

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding was beautiful......I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. Too many more years of happiness! :)