I felt like I had to separate the downer, early-mid-life crisis blog from this blog, what I consider the "uplifting" part of my 31st birthday last Monday...
In the middle of my pity party for my life at 31, I found so many blessings to lift me up. As it turns out, the big day itself (and the surrounding week) was wonderful.
- My parents visited the weekend before my birthday. I loved every minute.
- The weekend before they were there, my in-laws gave me a Wii Fit for my birthday. Though I haven't opened that intimidating box yet, I am grateful for the gift. It was one reason I talked about wanting a Wii in the first place. This week, I plan to to weigh in and get moving.
- I took the day of my birthday off from work, and I revisited what I now consider my annual birthday outing. I slept in a little, took Noah to the sitter, went shopping and used all the gift cards I've been hoarding, met David for lunch at Olive Garden (fulfilling that pasta craving), got my hair cut, relaxed through a pedicure, swung by Otterbein to wish the seniors well on behalf of the alumni council, and then wrapped the day by reading a book at Bag of Nails before I returned to the sitter's house. I wish I could do that entire day quarterly, but instead I'll covet the annual occasion and look forward to it year-round.
- The night of my birthday was just as comfy in its own, simple way. At my request, we ordered Chinese, and I flipped to the movie, "The Notebook," while we dined. Noah gave me a present to compliment my Wii (my mom's day/birthday combo from David), and I went to bed early to snuggle up with a good book.
- I received a multitude of birthday wishes from friends and family near and far, on Facebook, in the mail, via text, in person and on the phone. I do feel loved.


1 comment:
I am glad you had a good birthday. I am sorry you don't have a good sister to send out birthday wishes on time. I am seriously!!!
Post a Comment