Noah and I were driving in the car the other day, and he was being treated with a "show." The DVD player is a permanent fixture in my vehicle—not because he gets to watch all the time, but because we regularly travel distances 1+ hours. It's just as easier to leave it installed then to take it in/out all the time.
Anyway, on that particular day Noah got to watch a show because I'd traumatized him with a haircut. He literally cried real, big, wet tears for 10 minutes while the hairdresser tried to trim his hair evenly and sweetly. When all was said and done, Noah was adorable and miserable. So I pulled out a "mommy's cool" card and promised him a show on the way home.
His favorite show these days is "Boz the Green Bear Next Door." I dig this cartoon because it teaches simple but important lessons (how to behave at the grocery store, why we brush our teeth, how to help mom/dad, etc.), and there's a nice prayer at the end to say, "Yay, God!"
So we're riding along and Noah is perking up with the Boz cartoon. And then I just happened to hear the end of the show, which always ends with a prayer. In the rearview mirror I caught my two-year-old bow his head, put his palms together and recite these words, "Thank you God as this day ends, for my family and my friends."
I just about melted watching that moment. Though we pray every night at bedtime, this time he was flying solo. And he looked so serious. It was just too sweet. Boz can come back in our home anytime!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
No terrible twos in this moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh Tif, my heart just melted too. Sweet sweet Noah.
Em
What a great habit you have created with him. Too sweet.
That is so cute! I've never heard of this Boz??? I might have to check him out. Sounds like a really cool show for the little ones! :)
Post a Comment