Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wave & a two-step

Just three hours after Mrs. J (aka KP) asked me last night if Noah was walking yet—and to which I answered no—my little man took TWO STEPS in his crib, of all places! It all happened so fast, I didn't even realize it at first.

I had popped him in his crib just before bedtime so that I could pick up all his toys and books (a nightly ritual in our house). David came in just as I finished, so I collapsed in the rocking chair next to the crib and waited for Daddy to bring Noah to me (lazy? yes. tired? extremely.). Well Noah spotted me at the other end of the crib, so he LET GO of the railing, and WALKED two big steps toward me.

At first I didn't even comprehend that he had just walked. David had to point it out. He said, "Do you even realize what he just did?"

Holy cow!! Our baby, that tiny infant we JUST brought home from the hospital is now a walking, talking machine. Sigh.

It's been a big week...only a few days ago, Noah perfected his bye-bye wave. He usually does it backward (toward himself), and it just melts my little heart every time.

And now this... time really is flying.

1 comment:

Gamma said...

Wow! that is awesome! cannot wait to see it for myself in less than two weeks!