Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nutriquest: Part 6

Slow and steady wins the race, right? I subscribe to that theory, so I shall adopt that motto. Besides, it is a fitting description of my Nutriquest.

Today, I checked off one more pound from my to-do list. That officially means I've lost 15 pounds! It's just a small adjusment to what I've already been telling folks. "How am I doing? Oh, I've lost about 15 pounds." Now I can say, "I've lost 15 pounds." It's slight, but it'll do until I reach the 16-pound mark.

So here I am—75 percent toward goal #1 (and resolution #1): Lose 20 pounds to get back to pre-baby weight. So what does 15 pounds look like on my 5' 2" frame. Not much, surprisingly. I can see that 20 will be the big hoorah, and later 30 will be fantastic!

Until then, I am pleased to report the following:

• The jumbo pants I bought post-birth are loose...very loose. They only fit properly in the 15 minutes I put them on fresh out of the drier. Then it's a struggle to keep them in the right place.

• For fun, I put on my favorite pair of pre-baby jeans. Right now they are wearable if I want to go for that "I'm-15-and-want-you-to-wonder-how-I-breathe-in-these-jeans look." And since I'm not 15, and nobody wants me to go around breathless, I'm going to wait to get reacqauinted with those jeans until I hit the 20-pound mark.

• Shirts are coming out of the box! No, it's not the cool box of REALLY-too-small clothes, but it's a box of pre/early pregnancy clothes. It's so nice to expand my wardrobe a bit... a piece or two here and there really go a long way to bring a smile to my face.

• And that also means some shirts are going IN a box! A "TOO BIG" box. As loathe as I am to keep my chubby clothes, I feel it's a smart financial investment. I know I'll have another baby(ies) down the line, so these clothes will make excellent mid-maternity wear, at the very least.

I think I now have about four weeks of food left (maybe a few extra days), so I am focused on sloughing off the last five pounds of baby bulge, and then a few bonus l-b's just because I can! :)

Until next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tif, that is fantastic, you should be SO proud of yourself! I am sure proud of you!
Em

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Tif! Weight if never easy coming off- I should know! Keep at it- You are doing great!
Jen