Thursday, March 13, 2008

Put me down!

If Noah could talk, this is what he would say...

PUT ME DOWN, MAMA! I don't have time to be held right now. There is an entire room of things to explore.

See that coffee table? I have GOT to crawl over there, pull myself up (on the corner where it's sharp, of course), and BEAT on it. And that fluffy kitty is in the tan chair again. I KNOW she wants me to come over there and tug on her fur.

And I've been dying to put my sticky fingers on that beautiful white quilt Great-Grandma Compan made for you and Daddy for your wedding.

When I'm done with all that, I've got to cruise up and down the fireplace ledge, and stretch as far as I can to try to reach the wood poker and ash shovel. After that, I've got to pull out every toy and book in my toy basket next to the couch. But as soon as I've got them all out, I'll steal your cell phone, because that's really my favorite toy anyhow.

But I just don't have time to be held. No no no.

Or wait, now that I've done all of that, I'm exhausted. PLEASE PICK ME UP. Now now now!!! Oh that's better. I love to cuddle with you mommy. I just want to bury my head in the crook of your neck and listen to your heart beat. Sing me a lullaby... night night.

... It just amazes me how independent my little man has become. Thank goodness for sleepy time. Those few minutes before naptime and bedtime are my big chance to hold and cuddle my little guy. I treasure it so much. Sweet little man.

2 comments:

The Arthurs said...

I'm counting the sweet days, minutes, seconds before Jackson's rocking all-four position evolves into crawling. GEEZ! Your entry scares me. I look around my house and ALL I CAN SEE NOW is corners, sharp objects, and heavy elevated objects... ALL I CAN SEE is an accident waiting to happen. Ha!

I love your insight into the mind of a baby. Maybe you can direct Look Who's Talking? 4 or 3 or whatever one would be next. I'd come watch it.

Gamma said...

What a sweet post! I just love how Noah speaks to you without having to say much...sounds familiar!