I feel like this is The Biggest Loser... but there is no giant scale, and you don't get to see the actual numbers. But here I am for my weekly weigh-in.
This morning I had a chance to feel great about the effort I'm putting in. My body decided to really get in a groove this week. I lost four pounds! I've now lost 14 of the 20 pounds I want to lose to reach goal #1 (lose baby weight). That's 70 percent of the way there!
And as I approach goal #1, I've made a few observations:
1) Despite the fact that I've now lost 14 pounds, my pants are BARELY fitting looser. This tells me some things... that I must be losing weight in other areas (face, arms, etc.), and that I was really desperate to not buy a size bigger pair of pants.
2) Even though I'm nearly at my pre-baby weight, my body doesn't resemble my pre-baby body what-so-ever. This I somewhat expected, but I didn't realize the pregnancy belly and overall droopiness would stick around this adamantly. Hmm.
3) Goal #1 is a fantastic milestone. But it's not too early to think about Goal #2... I'd say another 15 pounds (and reach for 20). That would put me back in a healthy weight range, give me more energy to chase little man, and help me unpack some of those "too small" boxes of clothes that are stacked up along my bedroom wall.
I get excited just thinking about it! I also get excited thinking about how positively this weight loss will affect my next pregnancy (perhaps sometime next year). Starting at a lighter weight can only mean good things for my ability to exercise throughout my pregnancy, have an easier delivery, and have a wider selection of maternity clothes (some of my sister's stuff was too small by the final months this time). All good things.
Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement with you. I'll try to post some before & now pictures for you soon (I didn't say "after" since I'm still a work in progress!).
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Nutriquest: Part 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Proud of you, girlfriend. Remember this feeling! It will get you through those moments of weakness.
Congrats. We're all pulling for your Goal #1! And 2!
Oh Tif, that is just wonderful news, I am so proud of you! Keep it up baby!
Congrats! Keep it up...just be happy with yourself and don't think about before just think about after losing the weight!
Post a Comment