This is all Noah could really comprehend about his birthday party all week. He knew that because he'd helped mommy bake and freeze cupcakes earlier in the week, we'd thaw & frost them in time for his party. This one thing he couldn't wait for. Noah loves sweets—especially cake!
Yesterday, those cupcakes became even more important when he realized that in order to open presents, he'd have to have his cupcakes first. He nearly pulled them off the counter so he could get the cake part over with to begin tearing into his presents.
I managed to hold him off and shooed him outside to play with his favorite part of the party—kids! Since there's only two other kids at the sitter's house, he doesn't get a chance to run, wrestle, chase and hug other kids. But Saturday, he certainly got his fill.
It was a fantastic day. The weather was perfect—sunny and 75, with a cool breeze, and so many of our friends and family were there to share Noah's big day. Even though it was chaos, I wouldn't change a thing about the day. Thanks to all who could make it!

Papa Frazier, Noah & Daddy eat some barbecue and sides. Yum-o!

Will & Kristen have some lunch too! Will got his first taste of hot dog, and I think it was a success. That boy loves meat.

Sasha & Justin took advantage of the quiet room. Smart people!

Noah blows out the candle on his birthday cupcake. The wind blew it out three times before he even got the chance.

Finally present time! Noah received so many wonderful presents, wow!

Aunt Emily, McCamey & Uncle Jeff pop a squat in the grass, with a good view of the madness but a safe distance from the splash zone.

The slide & ball pit were a big hit! It was enter at your own risk.

Noah & Leylynn check out the sandbox.

Little Miss Leylynn—Noah's first ever friend.

Family girls. Emily, Sherry, Grandma Compan, Me & Great Auntie Peg.

Grandma Frazier & Noah have some juice together while Aunt Scharlotte looks on. I think Noah drank more liquid yesterday than he has had in his entire life.

Camey & Will get to know each other with the help of Emily & Grandma Compan. They're just one month and four days apart in age.

We immediately put some of the presents to good use. Here's Leylynn drinking in the sprinkler mat.

Noah, Caitlyn and Christopher like the mat too!

When he finally stopped moving, Noah realized he was freezing.

Austin discovers the tunnel.

And then he needs to rest.

Sipp family portrait: Ley, LeyLynn & Michelle.

Hannah adopted Uncle Jeff for a while.

David's family perched in their favorite spot: the shade of the umbrella. There's Grandma Frazier, Karl & Papa Frazier.

David & I. We don't believe in traditional shots.

Annual famkily photo. What happened to our baby boy?! He's already grown up.

Noah's second cupcake. This one was an after-dinner treat.
6 comments:
Love it! We had a great time!!
Sorry we missed it!! Looks a fabulous time! Love and miss you guys! Happy Bday Noah!!!
Glad you had a great time and survived the day! Happy almost Birthday Noah!
Looks like a great birthday celebration.....sorry we missed it! Happy Birthday Noah! :)
It looks like such a great party. I'm so sad I felt like crap that day. :(
I am so sorry that I missed it! We miss you guys--
Post a Comment