Bedtime prayers are part of Noah's nighttime routine. They come after teeth brushing, book reading, song singing and day recapping. He digs the prayer part. It goes something like this: "Dear God, thank you for Mommy & Daddy, and..."
I always remind him about the mom & dad part. I figure if we're working hard to be good parents, it doesn't hurt to get a little bedtime shout-out every night.
But the second part of the "Thank you, God" is all Noah's creation. Usually, Miss Tracie, Jalen (his daycare playmate), and his grandmas make the top of the list.
On Sunday night, however, his thanks were more simple. We had just finished up a day of travel to NE Ohio (more to come on that later), where Noah had spewed "Papa" left and right. Papa? Papa! Hi Papa! And then when we got home, David treated me to chocolate chip cookies and pizza for my gourmet Mother's Day dinner (which was exactly what I had requested).
The prayer that night?
Noah and I: Dear God, thank you for mommy & daddy...
Me: And what else?
Noah: And Papa and cookies.
Me: Cookies?
Noah: Yeah.
Me: You know what, buddy, I thank God for cookies too.
And it then it got cuter still. It helps to know that we call sweet things in our house "treats" in a pathetic attempt to limit them (ha ha ha ha).
Noah: Noah's mommy treat.
Me: Yes you are, peanut!!
I wish I were two, when the greatest joys in my life are cookies are grandparents. It's not such a bad way to live, you know?
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
What my toddler prays for
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is so cute....To be a kid again and only have to worry about when you'll get your next treat! :)
Love it!
That is so freaking cute! :)
Oh, Noah! I love that he is entering the "you gotta hear what he said" phase. Too sweet.
Really sweet Tif! I love the prayers!
Sherri
Post a Comment