Saturday, April 4, 2009

You shouldn't mess with karma

Sometimes karma can take years to dole out justice, festering and laying in wait to bring total enlightenment to those in need of it.

Other times karma works lightening fast... especially when the person in need of enlightenment is a bragger.

I had several opportunities this week to be enlightened, thus explaining my absence from blogging. My work computer, which also serves as our home computer, took a dive this week. Ultimately, the problem was that it rejected the new operating system our company's Mac man installed a few weeks ago, almost like it was a different microchip (aka blood) type.

Historically, Mac has named its operating system after Cats—Cheetah, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger and its latest—Leopard. Well, my PowerBook apparently doesn't like the current kitty, and prefers we stuck to the comfy and cuddly Tiger.

Thankfully, all it took to fix the problem was a reinstall of the OSX CD. Voila! But in the chaos of home, kids, work (and extra work), it took me several days to get around to doing that. In the interim, I killed a really old work laptop I borrowed just to have Internet access (as in: it really, really doesn't want to work now), and I nearly ruined a laptop my colleague just stopped using when she bought her own Mac.

I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable Mac user, but sometimes karma likes to teach a hard lesson. Remember this bragging entry when I mocked my family for their use of unreliable PCs? Yep, that's right: what goes around comes around. I consider myself fully enlightened now.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hmmm. . . Am I allowed to gloat? I think not. I don't need any karma myself!

JWilson said...

I was wondering what happen to you but I'm glad to here you are back at it. :)