Sunday, March 29, 2009

Two weeks ago...

...we went to the Caton House to celebrate Drew's third birthday and Austin's first birthday. (How sad that it's taken me two weeks to post these pictures!)

Anyway, as it turns out, when we arrived at Lizzy's homestead, we learned that the Replogle family was down for the count with a pretty darn contagious strain of stomach flu. Since they couldn't be there, we didn't have the chance to properly feté Austin for turning 1, but I do plan to sneak over to the Replogle house soon and give the little guy his gift.

But Drew was healthy and jazzed about celebrating his big day. Here's the birthday boy:


We were the first to arrive, so I was able to get some pictures of the Caton kids before the (limited) chaos ensued.

Lainey was amused by Noah, who kept asking (or pushing?) for his turn on this particular car toy. I had to laugh, though, because the batteries were almost dead, and the car sounded like a dying cow (or what I think a dying cow would sound like). Lizz shared that they would not be replacing those batteries when they died. :)


Here's Violet, who asked to take pictures with my camera. I think this is when Drew was taking his turn at photog, but I have plenty of shots of balloons, the fireplace, you name it.


After the crowds gathered, we still managed to get the kids to sit down and eat. Shout out here to Lizz for her awesome sloppy joes. She later shared that she uses the Lipton onion soup mix recipe. I've already made a batch her way since the party—yum!


In an usual move, I actually remembered to take a shot of the adults. Isn't it just usually the kids who get caught in the lense?


Thanks, Lizz, for a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I am happy to report that your party properly wore out Noah, who drove the 25 mintues home wide awake, and then blessed me with a two-hour nap. Ahh.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh Tiffers I missed you! I am so sorry, I know understand the stomach flu all too well (Happy Valentine's day, right)
We will be here most of the week and later if you want to come over.
WE MISS YOU, just give me a shout on my cell.