Dinner dilemma: no time, no money, no inspiration. I admit it: I've been in a tried and true dinner funk lately.
Three nights out of the week, our little family doesn't get home until 6:30 or 7 p.m., when the thought of breaking out a pot seems oh so daunting. But I'm trying to do better. None of us needs more fast food (money money money!), but we could all use a little more time around the table.
So when this recipe came my way, I thought I would give it a whirl:
Tomato Basil Chicken
- 9 0z package prepared chicken breast, diced
- TB extra virgin olive oil
- 14.5-ounce can Red Gold diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano (it's ALL in there!)
- 1 & 1/4 c water
- 6-ounce package rice pilaf mix
- 1/4 c chopped, fresh basil
How did it taste? Really, really good. And even though it took a total of 21 minutes to prepare (3 minutes to open everything, dump it in the pot and mix; 18 minutes to cook out the liquid), it tasted like I slaved over the stove for a while. But now that I think about it, 21 minutes is just about all I've got these days.

Here it is: Tomato Basil Chicken (joining it were always-on-standby garlic bread and the dependable green salad). Great meal, great price, great nutrition. Give it a go. I think you'll agree.
And now, because I'm serious about you trying it (when I like something, I just like it...and I think you should too), stay tuned on Wednesday to hear details about a giveaway. Hooray, a giveaway! See, that's all it takes to amuse me.


2 comments:
I am not personally a fan of tomotoes but my kids love them so I will try this recipe. Also not sure if you have tried this with your chicken and rice reciepe that I love but used the precooked chicken in that and it's another dump, heat rice 90 seconds, then cook for 20 minutes in oven. :))
Can't wait for the giveaway info today. :)
Look at you all fancy with your basil leaves in your dish for the picture....:) Yum that looks really good! I will have to try that for sure thanks for the recipe. It sounds so easy and I am always looking for new quick and easy, healthy meals! :)
Post a Comment