Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You say tomato, I say tomahto

Actually, I say tomato. I don't know anyone who says "tomahto." Apparently, I need to find more friends from the UK.

It doesn't matter how you say it, tomatoes are the word of the day! I'm here to give away Red Gold tomatoes, and I am excited about it. The good news is, I don't have to be cheap—you get more than a can of tomatoes, you get the gear too: a tote bag, a cutting board, a t-shirt, a hat, a faux license plate, a keychain, and a magnet. And actually, I lied about the can of tomatoes. You get a coupon for a FREE can, but I'm too lazy to ship the can itself. Plus, things dent in the mail... you don't want to get a dented can, right? It'd be like shopping in the clearance aisle with all the cans my son has dropped (I swear we fill up a shelf each grocery trip!).

Anyway, I know it's hard to drum up a vision of endless tomato gear, so I want you to see what you're in for with this Red Gold package extraordinaire!


What's not to like? Such a practical collection, I say.

So, here's the skinny on entry rules:

1) Post a comment—or more—to my blog (any post, don't be shy!) between now and Wednesday, May 29. Each comment gets you one entry.

2) If you've got a rockin' recipe that uses Red Gold tomatoes, post it on your blog and link to this giveaway info (and be sure to let me know!). That's a twofer: share the love of tomato recipes and get more entries for free stuff (entry credit: 3). I posted a great recipe yesterday—check it out!

And that's it. I'll post the lucky tomato-lover next Thursday, April 30. And the world will be a better place.

2 comments:

JWilson said...

Look at you getting into the giveaway spirt. I'm glad you included a pic of the merchandise because I was picturing something much different.

Now I know I have a few recipes that call for those darn tomotoes I'll just have to dig them out. :))

Oh and where did you get all this stuff from?

Lindsay said...

Yes I'm interested on where you got this idea from?

I will have to look for my recipes too I know I've got some???

oh and did you mean April 30th???