Though my schedule has hardly allowed us to celebrate anything but work—I have a gigantic side job that ends May 1—our household did manage to sneak in Easter dinner and egg hunting.
Easter morning I had to sing at church (love it!), so David and Noah came to watch. I have to say, Noah was good as gold for his daddy sitting in that audience. In fact, he nearly fell asleep at one point. When I was up on stage, I did hear him say once, "Mommy!" but it didn't interrupt the flow of the service.
By the time I got home from church (two services later), my hubbie had already prepared the bulk of Easter dinner: he had the ham in the oven, the beans were cooling, the macaroni salad had been made, and the rolls were waiting to be warmed. I'd whipped up a cake the day earlier, so all that was left was to make the scalloped potatoes.
David's folks came up to help us eat all the yummy stuff, and Noah particularly got excited about the cake (who doesn't love dessert?).
After dinner we had Noah open his Easter spoils while David played bunny and hid eggs in the backyard. Then the hunt began!
Here's Grandma Frazier helping Noah get off to a good start.
And here's our little man collecting eggs for his basket. It took a while to get him into the flow of things, and he got bored after 10 or so eggs. But, I loved the photo opp, and the adults got a kick out of the detective skills of a toddler.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
it sounds like a nice low key Easter.
What cute pics. Glad Noah learned the lure of Easter!
Post a Comment