Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Have I mentioned my sister?

Jen had a birthday this Sunday. She's now 30-something (in fact, all of my mom's kids are in the 30s for another year and a half). It seems like yesterday when we were just kids.

Growing up we had a typical love-hate relationship laden with beating up one another (Jen had a special move called "the jaw claw" that used against me on a regular basis), playing together on occasion (in particular I remember a week when we held a mock radio show; she called herself "Jammin' Jen" and named me "Terrible Tif"), and sharing family adventures together. As we got older, a little time/space and old-fashioned growing up made all the difference.

I miss my sister terribly these days. She lives in Wisconsin (relocated there for her hubbie's job) and is only able to get home a few times a year. Thank goodness for cell phones and blogs, though. It's so much easier to keep in touch!

A few pictures of my beautiful, intelligent and spirited sister:



Thanksgiving this year, hanging out with all the boys at Uncle Jeff's basketball game (the beginning of his 22-0 season!)


Auntie Jen with Evan and Chris at Christmas at mom's house.


Making cookies with Noah


Jen and I, in 2003 at my Grandma Compan's Christmas Eve gathering

Hope your day was great! At least you got to snuggle up and read a book...that's my idea of the perfect way to spend a day.

P.S. My sister wrote the most beautiful blog to my mom this Sunday. If you need a good cry, you should check it out!

3 comments:

JWilson said...

I love the last picture of you and her together it's so good. I read your sisters Dear Mom post and I almosted cried it was so sweet.

Happy Birthday Jen!

Emily said...

You two have such a beautiful relationship that is doesnt matter how far apart you are by love. I know you miss her being away something awful, but thank GOD for internet and telephones and the economic downfall that might get some cheap airline tickets.
Jen, you are so fabulous, I hope your Birthday was amazing.
You deserve the best.

Jen said...

THank you for the post! I am so grateful for our friendship. You are such a vital part of my life!