
Today is David's day—it's Veteran's Day! I told him this May that I refused to celebrate Memorial Day in his honor; after all, he's in the here and now. Instead, I am happy to do a little something special in November each year to remember that my hubby gave his all for our country for four years in the Marines.
Having a 17-month-old at home makes it a little challenging to celebrate properly, but we made it work somehow. Tonight we all went out to dinner at Jake's, one of the local steakhouses.
Dinner was terrific, as well as a treat. Our usual definition of eating out includes either the Golden Arches or a hot-and-ready from Little Caesars.
Bellies full, we toasted David's dedication to the cause and headed for home just in time for Noah's bedtime. Right as we were about to put the evening to rest, Noah capped the night off in true toddler fashion: he puked up the entire contents of his Jake's chicken tenders and rice pilaf all over our recliner... and then he happily zoomed around the room.
There's nothing better than saying "thanks for your service" than having to mop up vomit. Happy Veterans Day, You!
P.S. I had to post this picture from our wedding because it's one of the few I have of David in his dress blues... and I LOVE my Marine in his dress blues. Okay, and I love my dress too. Any chance I get to walk down memory lane...
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
My veteran
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I am so glad you both celebrated!!!
Hopefully NOah's puking is not a predictor for how he will celebrate in the future!
Tif, you are the most gorgeous bride and he looks like a Marine in shining dress blues. I love it.
HE is definately a hero to all of us.
But that picture, whew~ you just took my breath away.
Beauty, radiant and in love.
Thank you David.
I love you guys.
And hey, what would Veteran's day be without a projectile vomit to cap off the night. Thank you Noah.
Thank you David for all you have done for our country and protecting our freedoms and liberties. And for being and all around wonderful guy, hubby and Dadddy!!
Good catch Tiffers.... I remember meeting him for the first time at Molly Woos.... I loved him instantly and I knew he was the perfec man for you!!!!
I am so glad you posted something about David. I was thinking about him all day yesterday. I'm glad you were able to celebrate a little with him and I'm sorry about the vomit. I am also glad you posted a wedding pic because you both looked awesome that day!
Never got to see your wedding gown up close... GORGEOUS!
Now, on to David: Sometimes I lose sight of the importance of Veterans Day. Thanks for bringing it front and center for me with this entry. Thank you, too, David.
Thanks David, what you did was very brave and much appreciated. I'm glad you guys were able to celebrate a little. Hope Noah is feeling better! You did look beautiful in that dress! :)
Post a Comment