I voted!
I stood in line for 45 minutes with a squirmy toddler strapped firmly into his stroller (because how else would you stand anywhere for 45 minutes with a 17-month-old?).
I glanced over the ballot before I got up to the electronic voting booths while I fed fruit snacks to Noah (one by one, to make them last longer) and simultaneously read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" for at least the 200th time.
When it was finally my (our) turn, I lit up the touch screen with my choices for president on down to county sheriff, as well as whether or not I want to bring a casino to Ohio.
At some point I did an inner happy dance at the thought that with this election, we'll have a first—either a black man in office or the first woman vice president. I consider it win-win (and no, I'm not telling you which way I voted).
And when the flashing red "VOTE" button beckoned me, I pushed it...and then the green "confirm" button...and THEN I felt good.
I voted. Did you?
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I made a difference today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I did and it feels GOOD! Good for you babes! And extra patient Mommy points for toting Noah!
You are brave going with a toddler! I voted via mail because I know with Kaiya AND Cassie, I would likely be the first person asked to leave a polling place :)
Civic duty DONE:) In more then one way:)
I voted absentee. I hate crowds and lines. :) I was very to proud to do it, proud to mail it, and proud to know that my duty had been fulfilled when I woke up on election day. Way to be American girls!
Dave and I were in line at 6:15 yesterday morning with both the kids who were absolutly amazing for us.
I always feel good after I vote, but I can say I don't feel so great today. :(
YES YES YES. It was exciting, exhilerating, and frustrating all in one (let's just say the "A - L" line was 6 times as long as the "M-Z" - no complaints though, I didn't have to walk barefooted for miles to get to case my vote, so I was good!). And I didn't even HAVE Jman with me! You're a saint, Tiff. Or rather a patriot... for bringing squirmy pants with you!!!
I voted, too! I was going to post an almost identical blog. I love voting and so grateful to have the choice!
Post a Comment