It was 5:55 p.m., and I was on my home from work. Then out my driver-side window I saw a tiny little woman (and I mean tiny... I'm thinking a buck-oh-five, max), pushing a two-seater jogging stroller, while she RAN down the sidewalk. I thought of several things:
1) Please, please let this woman be a stay-at-home mom. I can't fathom how a working mom would get home, feed her two kids dinner, strap them in a stroller and head out the door... all by 5:55. On second thought, I can't fathom how a stay-at-home mommy could do that either.
2) Maybe she's the nanny. After all, there were two children—one was less than a year, and the other was about 18 months old, I'd say. The woman pushing the stroller had no trace of body—or baby—fat. Clearly she couldn't have given birth to TWO babies and still look that way.
3) If she is the mom of both babies, her husband must breastfeed the younger one. No woman I know who breastfeeds, and therefore is up multiple times during the night, has any energy to run, let alone run while pushing two small people. Maybe she's married to that man who keeps having children (you know, he moved to a new state and had his boobs reattached)... shoot, now that I think a little harder, I can name a handful of my pals who ran AND breastfed their babies. Still...
4) She must be a witch (the Harry Potter kind, not the Wiccan kind). Her toddler was sitting quietly in his stroller... just looking around as the world whizzed by. Any woman who can convince a toddler to SIT long enough to fit in a run must have put a spell on her child.
5) I fail. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
I saw a lady jogging the other day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Tif, I hate her.
Hell, I hate her too!! I don't feel like running and I don't even have KIDS!!! Bitch. ha ha.
I totally think the nanny one is the right on. I mean hello if the kids were in the stroller and being good than it couldn't have been there mom pushing, they only do that for non parents. :) Add in the no baby fat and it just has to be.
If by some miracle it was mom then I hate her too!!!
I try to run but never get very far.....I don't know how people do it??? I hate moms like that! She must be the Nanny! :)
Post a Comment