Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Photo Fiesta: Fatal attraction

This is Noah and his first true love, Leylynn.

We met Leylynn and her mommy, Michelle, for a play date last week at the fabulous and free Westerville Community Center.

The kids were getting along splendidly at first. When they saw each other, they laughed and smiled, and Noah ran over to give his lady friend a hug—several of them, actually.

I was tickled with the whole evening until Noah discovered a steering wheel toy that he obviously felt a great deal of ownership over. When poor little Leylynn went in to take a stab at the wheel, my darling little son fired off a firm, "NO!!" and just shoved that poor little girl to her heiny.

Mortified, I'm pretty sure I said, "Noah!" There was no hope for me to redirect him, or talk with him on his level like all the books say. I was too stunned to even know how to react.

I did think fast enough to pick up Leylynn and to apologize to her very understanding mother.

Two things came to mind: 1) I can't believe my baby is already exhibiting testy toddler behavior and 2) Guess the honeymoon's over for Leylynn!

Let the world know how your children have scarred you too. Plaster their faces in Candid Carrie's Friday Photo Fiesta!


3 comments:

JWilson said...

Welcome to the world of toddlers! They do stuff that scares you everyday but the I love you's make it all ok. :)

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Human depravity at its worst...Here we think they are so innocent. We really don't have to teach them to be BAD, they are born with it in 'em. We have to teach them to be good!
He is such a cutie...that smile melts my heart!

Susie said...

What a cute picture! That girl better buck up:-) She has met her match:-)