Personally, I'm delighted Easter was so late this year. Spring (or Sprinter, as I deemed it) was so stinkin' cold and wet that we would have been hunting eggs in snow if we'd had Easter during its regularly scheduled weekend.
Noah was pretty jazzed about Easter this year. He grew quite fond of "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" and sang it for us daily. I even caught him doing it during an egg hunt at Mom's house.
I dug the variety of egg-dying kits out there these days. When I was a little girl, the cool thing was to shrink wrap your creations or use magic crayons. Today there's so many options, like the dinosaur kit I found for Noah.
Here David is helping to punch out all the dinosaur bodies. There was a lot of prep work!
I bravely helped the coloring process. It was hard to convince Noah to leave his eggs alone for more than two seconds in the dye, nor could he keep his paws off the dipping wand.
The finished product! I was pretty smitten with these little guys.
Noah and I also traveled up to my folks' house to celebrate. He got to color eggs there too with Matthew and Adam, his big-kid, hero cousins!
This egg made me laugh—a reminder that my nephews are getting old!
Matthew & Adam took turns hiding the Easter eggs for Noah, McCamey, Rylan and each other to find. Noah worked so hard finding them he was a sweaty mess before long.
Dad and I took a break from watching the hunting for a cameo. Gee, any chance I take after my father?
Hey, he found one!
Rylan's not sure what to think about the eggs or me. He's giving me that, "Don't come any closer!" look.
Nana helps Camers find an egg. I love that her pants have a heart on the tooshie!
After so many weeks of cold, dreary weather, this 75-degree day was a welcome treat. So much so, that the boys & Tim took advantage of the balmy temps to rock on the porch swing.
Finally, Easter arrived at our house too! Peter left this basket for Noah.
And these fitting (blue!) ears.















No comments:
Post a Comment