It was a first for our family. Spring Break had arrived, and it didn't involve me or David. No, it was Noah who benefited from his preschool's week-long abstention from class. Actually, he was pretty bummed about losing two days of playing Power Rangers with his preschool pals, but I cheered him up with a two-day trip to NE Ohio to see my family.
Our first stop was to Jeff & Em's house to visit with McCamey & Rylan. Oh how my heart melted when Camey said to me, "Hi Aunt Tif, I wuv you." Sweet little girl!
We visited Kraynak's, an absolute institution in Sharon, Pa. I have no idea how long the store's been in business, but I've been going pretty religiously since I was a kid. It's actually a garden/home store, but they also boast a ridiculous toy section that eventually winds its way to a display land—Easter this time of year, Christmas starting in the fall.
Here's mom, Camey & Noah on their way into Kraynak's.
Rylan is jazzed about the Dora display. He was so excited to see the moving animals he nearly fell over the fence to get closer.
One of the scenes was a Noah's Ark display, how appropriate!
When you leave Kraynak's you must go to Daffin's to see the Chocolate Kingdom and to sample some confections of course. The choco-covered animals are fun to look at, but given they've been there—for years and years and years—they no longer smell so... fresh.
The chocolate candies, however, are incredibly fresh and incredibly delicious. I bought treats for David and Noah, and skipped indulging myself (darn you, carbs!).
This picture just makes me laugh. Check out my Dad, aka Papa, getting his wrestle on with Noah. As I was snapping pictures I was flashing back to my brothers tag-teaming Dad, and Mom's voice in the background, "Knock it off! Someone's going to get hurt!"
Before we headed out, we had time to stop in at my Grandma Dilley's and Auntie Peg's houses. Here's my Gram, showing Noah something that captured his attention. I wish I could remember what!


No comments:
Post a Comment