We did it under the wire. We had just one week left until spring began, and it was the VERY LAST day of ski/tubing season at Snow Trails, where I had purchased a family gift card for Christmas. It was do or die, so we did!
I have never been snow tubing in any kind of official capacity. We did own snow tubes growing up, and we used them to swoosh down our neighbor's backyard hill with a fair amount of glee. But I've always wondered what it would be like to go to an official tubing park, where you don't actually have to walk up hill each time you want to go back down.
That led me to look into nearby ski resorts to see what kind of trouble I could get into. Noah's a ride/thrill daredevil, so I knew this would be right up his alley. I discovered that Snow Trails in Mansfield is less than an hour's drive from our house, and it's pretty reasonable to buy a 2- or 3-hour snow tubing pass for three.
So a few weeks ago, we layered up and hit the hill.
This is our first trip up the hill, riding on the moving carpet. It reminded me a lot of the people movers in airports, but with the surface of a treadmill.
This is how long we had to ride! Up, up, up, up, up...
After the first time up and then down, Noah hardly had to stand at all. He would simply ride in his tube the whole time, being tugged along by David. He only had to stand to exit his riding lane, and then he just plopped back down again. Way to work the system, big guy.
Here's David at the bottom of one of his runs. Man, you fly down that hill! It's quite a rush, regardless of whether you go by yourself or attached to other tubes.
Here's a look up the hill and all the tubing "lanes." This picture doesn't do it justice. It was pretty steep and had some serious get-up-and-go.
Noah was such a tubing superstar. He wanted to go alone off the bat. Then he went backward. Then on his tummy. Then Daddy whipped him down (in lieu of a slow start). Fearless.
I absolutely loved tubing and how perfect it was for family fun. What a great way to bring out our inner (and Noah's never-ending) kid!


No comments:
Post a Comment