The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
Gorgeous... and true. When I became a mother, I was unapologetically someone new. Forever changed into a blend of the paths my parents laid for me and those that I forged on my own.
The thing about being a mom is that you fail a lot. No really, every day you're failing at some small thing: forgetting to "practice patience" as I so often tell my son; burying oneself in work or the latest electronic gadget; overlooking the carefully planned projects on sunny and rainy days... and so on and so on.
But thank goodness for kids—little kids that is—who reward your every success and overlook your stumbles. My kid showers me in hugs, smiles, kisses and, lately, has taken to yelling from the bathroom at the top of his lungs, "MAMA! I. LOVE. YOU!!" They make this business and being a mom, well, absolutely new.
On my mother's day this year, my men celebrated me. They pampered me and cleaned. They took me on a bike ride and showered me with gifts. And I loved them for it.
Kiddo kisses
Flowers, beautiful flowers, from my sweetheart
And these cards. The one on the left—perfect. It opens to the sound of, "Mom? Mooo-ooom. Mama! MOM!!! MOMMY!!!" If you're a mom, you're smiling right now.





No comments:
Post a Comment