The angels were singing "La, la la!" a few weeks ago. My own little angel joined his 18 preschool classmates, along with the 4- and 5-year-old classes, in a Christmas program overflowing with proud parents and grandparents. We had a whole row full of beaming adults cheering on Noah.
I had no idea what to expect. While other kids in Noah's class shower their moms with intricate details about what they do at preschool, my kid's daily reports usually include what the snack was. Therefore, I wasn't familiar with the songs he was singing, and I didn't know exactly what his holiday program was going to entail.
What I did know was that the kids wear their jammies as costumes—a brilliant idea, if you ask me. So I found a fancy pair of Buzz Lightyear PJs for my little man to take the stage in.
The program got started a little late thanks to some technical difficulties, so I took advantage of the extra time for a photo shoot.
Grandma & Papa Compan drove three hours to watch the program, even battling through more than a foot of snow at their house.
Grandma and Papaw Frazier came too!
Noah's class got to sing first. They did two songs: one about all the animals who came to see Baby Jesus' birth (with a lot of animal noises!), and the other about a strong and mighty God, complete with muscle arm movements.
This jumping was not part of the choreography; it was just Noah's enthusiasm boiling over.
When it was all said and done, Noah's part in the show was about seven minutes. The whole program—less than an hour. Still, it was absolutely priceless to see our little man up on stage, doing his thing with vigor!


1 comment:
Such a great idea to have them wear their pjs.
Post a Comment