Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back to the Bein

I heart Otterbein College University. I have to keep reminding myself the the name on my diploma—Otterbein College—is out of date. Otterbein upgraded—or rather, restored itself to its original glory—this year. You see, it was founded in 1847 as a University, switched to "College" somewhere along the way, and then this year had to change back to "U" to better reflect its expanded academic offerings.

But that has little to do with the fact that October always marks my return to my college alma mater for the annual Homecoming festivities. This year was a big deal: my sorority was celebrating 100 years! There were parties and luncheons and even a sleepover. I ultimately missed out on most of those events (cash poor, you know), but I did get to see some of my favorite peeps during the morning parade and at the family fun zone.

Sash and I strike a pose.



We rounded up some Owl chickies for a candid.



Noah, for reasons I don't understand, was adamant about seeing the Owl House basement. It looks the same—dark, messy, damp. But, while I was down there I found the brick I painted with my Active (aka Big Sis), Jess.



What Homecoming really means now—a chance for Noah to take on oversized bounce houses. But, at least he gets to wait in line and jump with kids of my Owl pals. That makes the wait much more interesting.





Love this tug-of-war activity!



While the rest of the Owl gals were lunching, Justin dined with us at the Rusty Bucket before we hit up a local must: Graeters Ice Cream!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I big puffy heart you.