I didn't grow up with guns. I still don't know how to handle them well. In fact, I recall one night when David was away that I got scared when I heard something in the hallway—probably one of my two kitties—and I thought for a minute about our "intruder" gun David had left for me. Terrified at operating it, I instead prepared to throw it at my unnamed assailant (yes, throw it!).
So, it is with a deep breath that I watch my little man grow up with guns and hunting and things that make mommies' hearts palpitate in ways they don't like. We bought the gun in the video below at a recent trip to Coshocton for the opening of a new hunting store. I couldn't even help myself—that gun was fun (just something about that perfectly rounded "POP!" is addicting).
You'll notice the two parenting techniques: David's encouraging Noah to "Shoot it!"; I make Noah apologize to his stuffed dog for shooting him. Cracks me up.
So, it is with a deep breath that I watch my little man grow up with guns and hunting and things that make mommies' hearts palpitate in ways they don't like. We bought the gun in the video below at a recent trip to Coshocton for the opening of a new hunting store. I couldn't even help myself—that gun was fun (just something about that perfectly rounded "POP!" is addicting).
You'll notice the two parenting techniques: David's encouraging Noah to "Shoot it!"; I make Noah apologize to his stuffed dog for shooting him. Cracks me up.


3 comments:
Oh Tif the image of you throwing a gun at in intruder just makes me laugh! :) Has David ever taken you shooting?
Lately Ian has been playing with his Wild Wild West Gun and chasing Ginger around the house shooting her and I follow behind telling him it's not nice to shoot the dog. :)
The noise that gun makes is totally amazing!
Poor confused Noah. Someday he will kill Bambi then have to have a funeral for it, too.
Post a Comment