Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blanket surprise

I wrapped up my work around 10:30 the other night, and as I customarily do, I crept into Noah's room to remove the stuffed animals from his bed (you try cleaning diaper-leaked pee off a plush toy with a baby wipe) and tuck the blanket around him.

But this night, when I had safely relocated Pooh, Tigger and Ohio State Bear, I noticed that Noah's jammie pants were balled up in the corner of his bed. When I pulled back the covers to slide the pants back on my toddler's toosh, I was in for a surprise.

I had expected the crinkly, fluffy white triangle of a Pamper's 12-hour size 6 diaper. Instead, I was greeted by two round mini moons. And then my eyes connected with the diaper, half-filled, splayed over the covers near Noah's head (and yes, I was thinking, "ick").

Naked baby butt. Just can't beat it...except when it's the middle of the night, and your kid can't possibly go the next 9 hours without potty protection (lest he take a second bath for the night).

That was the cutest changing experience I've ever shared with Noah. I pulled my dreaming guy out of bed and he stood up on the floor, head bobbing with sleep, while I rediapered and redressed his tiny form and gave him one last little snuggle.

The next morning, the first words out of his mouth were, "Do you remember yestertime (yesterday) when I took my diaper off and you changed me like dis?" Funny dude.

1 comment:

Jen said...

So lucky that there wasn't another little surprise waiting for you in that diaper!