Friday, September 18, 2009

They have no idea...

...who lives at our house.


These seven little deer—two does and their broods—have decided our front yard is the perfect thoroughfare between the dense woods across the street and the equally thick woods behind our house. Both lots are lined with corn fields, so they are popular places to hang out with the local wildlife.

In some ways I feel a bit like the audience of a scary movie, knowing that these deer are treading on thin ice by hanging out near the McCallens. My husband, David, is an avid outdoorsman and is exuberant at the thought of bow season opening next weekend (bow season for deer, that is). A hunter I am not, but I have quite the track record of reducing the deer population by accident with my car.

Is this the appropriate time, then, to reprise the well loved 1994 classic, Forest Gump? "Run, little deer, run!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throw your favorite movie lines at Candid Carrie too. You can find her here celebrating as she does every Friday!



4 comments:

koreen (aka: winn) said...

It's nice to have the neighbours, eh? Poor deer. Maybe you can drive around and rev your engine a little to scare them off. I hate hunting season too!

cat said...

Such a great post! And they are so cute but yes, we are also hunters. After all we live in Africa.

Randy Ebert said...

I've never been an outdoorsman myself, as you know; however, few things in the world are better than fresh venison.

JWilson said...

Wow these deer really don't know whats coming their way! :)