What started as a request from Noah to go fishing (a favorite) turned into an impromptu picnic/feed the ducks affair at Hoover Dam. I, for one, have a soft spot for eating outdoors. Before we know it, the Ohio snow will settle in, and there'll be no dining near a window, let alone a patio.
So, it was on a beautiful pre-fall day last week that David picked up Noah a bit early from the sitter's house and headed for the reservoir, and I met them a while later, laden with sacks of chicken & fries (food of the Gods when you're two).
Apparently, the fishing was brief this trip... too many poor duckies with fishing-line injuries to bring down enthusiastic fishers of men (I should point out that we didn't inflict those boo-boos). Instead, Daddy & Noah broke out a box of Goldfish crackers and started heaving to the delight of the brown and white quackers.
Sometimes (well, often) I think we have the happiest kid on earth. Look at these smiles!
An explanation is needed for this one. David had picked up crawdads to use as bait. Noah was fascinated by their little pincers and demonstrated them for us here (saying: pinch, pinch, pinch!).
Monday, September 21, 2009
Impromptu picnic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am so not looking forward to the snow coming even with the knowledge that this year I will have my car in a garage. I would much rather sit outside. :)
THat pincher picture is too sweet! Keep that one somewhere for the scrapbooks!
Post a Comment