A month ago David got a bee in his bonnet (or maybe in his camo hat) and decided to build Noah a swing. He talked about it for a few weeks, inspired by Big Dude's love affair of playgrounds and especially of those old-fashioned chain link and rubber sky soarers.
In just a few minutes, David neatly trimmed a pre-cut board, drilled holes and knotted the nylon rope to keep things in place. We chose the only tree in our yard that was a viable candidate and looped the nylon around what I mentally dubbed the "best bet" branch. I found it a bit ironic that in a lawn with hundreds of trees, only one could be purposed for swinging...amazing!
As I watched the test runs, I dearly hoped that the wimpy branch would hold, despite its considerable hefting and bending. And hold it did—even with my hubby's Marine stature.
Noah was delighted with Daddy's creation, and wanted to ride on it right away:
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Swingin' in the front yard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Great swing! How awesome that David is handy!
Love the shirt, too! Grandma D bought that for the boys in Alaska. . .
Oh, so cute!! I bet that will be Noah's favorite thing for a while!
I too am surprised you could only find one branch out of all those trees you have but at least you had one. :)
Post a Comment