Friday, August 20, 2010

A garden in bloom

Last November, I finally discovered the Children's Garden in Mount Vernon on a 60-degree November day. It was wonderful, whimsical and everything I thought it would be. But, being that winter was weeks away, it was also dead (the garden part, that is).

When my mom came to visit last month to see Wicked, we took the time the next day to swing through the garden once more.  These pictures don't do it justice, because the garden was absolutely blooming! Even in August... after two months of relentless heat.

Noah ringing the train bell.
View of the boat & lighthouse.

Grandma & Noah climbing down the fort stairs.
Peek-a-boo, Noah! Inside the courtyard...
I'm jazzed about going back in the next few months. There's a section in the garden with gigantic garden tools and pumpkins. I bet they're nifty at Halloween.

No comments: