When I was a little girl, my siblings and I spent a considerable amount of time shimmying up a tree in our backyard into a ramshackle tree house. There was nothing secret about the tree house (in fact, it only had three side walls so mom & dad could always see what we were up to), but it did feel like our own little piece of the world.
A few weeks ago, I found another little piece of the world for Noah. On the Knox County Career Center campus (of all places!) right in town, exists a Children's Garden. Each of the trades studied at the school participates: horticulture, carpentry, welding, electrical... you get the idea.
On a whim and a 60-degree day in November, I decided Noah and I ought to stop by, just to see what the Garden had to offer. What a gem! There were toddler-sized houses and trains to ride on; towers to climb and boats to float in; an amphitheater to watch or perform masterpieces; and bountiful plants everywhere (although most had lost their oomph since winter is nearly upon us).
Noah was enchanted, and so was I! Best part: visits to the Children's Garden are FREE. Oh yes, we'll be regulars.
This look out-style tower with a spiral staircase reminded me a bit of our house. Noah just loved running in circles at the top.


3 comments:
Wow that looks like a fabulus place to take a kid.
That garden/fantasy land is amazing! You guys are so lucky to have that nearby!
I wanna play there!! lol
Post a Comment