I haven't even had a chance to officially mourn the loss of Lobster (aka crawdad). He, um, died, a while back. Apparently he had high standards for food, and our occasional fresh worms and usual fish food didn't cut it. Or, maybe he sustained an injury before we saw him crossing the road and we were his hospice care team. Either way, he's gone to the great creek in the sky.
Alas, the "critter tank" sat empty for a few weeks until one day, when I happened to notice that a frog was clinging to our kitchen window screen. Before I knew it, the green frogger was captured, the tank was decorated in a woodsy landscape, and Noah welcomed "Water Froggy" as his latest pet.
Is it just me, or is he posing for the camera?
I know I'm not exactly speedy on the blog updates these days, but Water Froggy is already gone! This time, he's not dead. Noah (inadvertently, I think) said we should put him back in the woods. David obliged him. And then the next day, Noah asked where Froggy was. Ah, well, that's the way life goes.
Once again, the critter cage is empty, but it's still sporting the woodsy scape. Perhaps some nice garter snake, lizard or other creature will grace its glass walls soon, for at least a week or two stay. In fact, I can almost bet on it.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Water Froggy: here today and gone tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Water Froggy was short lived at your house, huh? Maybe you need a hamster. He's been popular here.
Evan thinks maybe a sea turtle? Or just a cage as decor?
Post a Comment