Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More than ice cream

Just a few miles down the road from our house is a little jewel called the Ye Olde Mill, aka Velvet Ice Cream headquarters. Velvet is tasty ice cream. It's got a worthwhile selection of hand-scoop deliciousness to keep me or David or Noah happy on any steamy summer day.

But what I like about Velvet is the mill and its surroundings. Instead of just going to grab an ice cream cone, you can take a tour of the ice cream factory, pet some farm animals, swing on a playground, walk through the woods, fish for bass, have a picnic and just plain linger.

One night a few weeks ago, I attempted to take Noah for a late-night treat, and failed. We walked into the scooping line just after they had officially closed. Poo. So, I brought him back the next day, with Daddy, and we made a few hours out of it. Mommy redeemeth.

This goat was feisty. He wanted love...and my shirt.

Noah gets his swing on.

On the jungle gym, but I can't see David in that camo hat. :)

When's the last time you stood on a tractor tire?

We "hiked" through the woods...an entire half mile (we ran out of trail pretty quick).

I liked the ducks. They seemed right at home next to a factory that pumps out 500 flavors of ice cream.

Somethin' a little fishy's going on...the search for the perfect bass, of course.

We're melting! It was—as it has been for WEEKS—ridiculously hot that day.

After all that playing, we did finally get a treat for little man.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like a great day!

You are lookin' awesome in that picture by the way. Hot momma.