Sunday, January 17, 2010

So that's the real story of our attic access panel

Last night, we watched Paranormal Activity. I have been meaning to see it for months now, since my sorority sister and Otterbein classmate, Ashley Palmer, had a small (but obviously worthwhile!) role in the film. Plus, David and I love a good scary movie.

Overall? Great scary movie! Go see it if you haven't already. It's simple: there's no smoke or mirrors, no music to add to the suspense, no fancy actors to overshadow the plot. It does indeed remind me of Blair Witch since it looks home-grown and is shot with a hand-held camera, but this movie is far better.

Now, I always get spooked watching the film genre I love so much, but last night I literally thought, "Oh why did they put that in the plot?!"

I don't think I'll ruin anything for you if I mention that the "scary thing" in the movie messes with the lead couple's attic access panel in their closet. They literally find it resting up and off to the side of where it usually sits firmly in place.

Does that sound familiar? Maybe this or this?

Yep, now I know who the ghost is living in our house.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I could never have handled watching that movie. Scary movies are a thing of the past for me. The scariest thing I can handle now is Heroes on NBC. Anything else is nightmareville. . .

Lindsey said...

Ok, so I just read your post about finding the shirt and rags under the stairs and it freaked my cast out. They're making me ask - did you ever find out anything about where it came from?