Sometimes the writing's on the wall. A few days ago, that writing said, "You should have been a teacher! Look how well your pupil understood your lesson."
My pupil was Noah. The lesson was how to put on his pants all by himself.
We've been working each day to get Noah to be an independent dresser. Like all toddlers, he's quite adept at removing his clothing, but we find getting him to put things on by himself is another matter altogether.
On Wednesday night, we practiced "pants on" at bedtime. We kissed him goodnight and away we went.
When we checked on Noah a few hours later, I noticed a white blob in the corner of his bed (where have I seen that before?!). My initial thought was that he'd taken off his pants/diaper again, but then I noticed his jammie pants were securely on his bottom. Lo and behold, there was a naked baby butt under those perfectly-pulled-on jammies. Way to go, teach!
I scooped up the diaper and walked out into the living room to tell David the news. We enjoyed a good laugh and then decided we'd better re-diaper Noah or face a river of yellow in his bed in the morning.
That's where it got really interesting. We pulled him out of his bed where he was enjoying a super-deep sleep. He wigged out a bit, so he ended up curled on my shoulder for a minute before I could get him diapered again. I waited a moment too late. In that cuddling, warmth spread its way down my shirt and jeans and then puddled on the floor.
That was the pee of all pees. I was soaked, right down to my undergucchies, by someone else's pee. Ick, ick, ick!
David was howling at that point, so delighted to be spared from the soaking. I was horrified.
Next time, David teaches.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Maybe I should have been a teacher
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Big man! Growing so much and so quickly. Congrats Noah on the new skill, and Tif, I too am laughing. Delighted that it isn't me.
Post a Comment