I am a firm believer that men and women need time to bond—without each other, that is. The problem is, when you have kids, the few hours you have sans children is usually precious time shared with your significant other.
For that reason, it has been at least two years—probably more like three—since I have last been out with the girls. Oh sure, I've been to lots of book club meetings, had a dinner with pals here or there, even an afternoon retreat last fall. But there is something significantly different to rediscovering your jewelry box and your pointy shoes, and sharing a night with the girls (one that doesn't involve driving the hour+ home to where I live!).
Last weekend, I finally got my chance to let it all hang out. I gathered as many of my girlfriends as I could and headed out for Mexican & dancing. We were quite the hodge podge—college gals (sorority sisters, of course), cousin, extended friends—but it didn't matter.
I deemed the evening a success when I realized I'd lost my voice from talking (loudly toward the end of the night... the music kept getting louder and louder in the bar we went to), my sides were aching from laughing, and my feet were sore from grooving in my 3-inch heels. Three signs of a night well spent!
Thank you, my friends, for a wonderful, stress-busting, heart fulfilling time!
Part of the crew:
That's Kristen M, Me, Shauna, Kristen J, & Em. This is my sorority family (five generations here... Em by twin sister proxy, and because we love her).
Me & Sher (my cousin) at Abuelo's. Yum, chips!
Kristens, my friends, roommates & Owl sisters.
Kristen M & me, doing our very best hold-your-arm-out-and-say-cheese! shot.
Emy & Kristen J won the dancing queens of the night award. They really were fantastic.
Sassified!
So, when can we do it again?
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Girls night out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am free tomorrow! GOD I LOVE YOU! SO SO SO fun! You are the best. Really, in every way. Inside and out... hee hee.
Looks like a blast Tif! YOu guys were a group of sexy chicks. .. Good for yoU!
Post a Comment