It just never gets old. Yesterday I became an auntie seven times over.
Meet Rylan Thomas Compan, weighing in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces (delivered by c-section). Big sister McCamey has no idea what she's in for!
My brother, Jeff, his wife, Emily, and their daughter, McCamey, became a family of four yesterday, and my parents are enjoying their EIGHTH grandchild (count: 7 boys, 1 girl). I am now the sole Compan kid with single-digit children (oh, the pressure!).
I get to meet this handsome little man next week when we all troop home for Christmas. I know exactly what will happen: I'll take Rylan in my arms and instantly tear up. My heart will do a little flip-flop and I'll make some remark about how he looks like Jeff or Emily (to dry the tears, of course). Then I'll raise my voice an octave or two and talk to the newest member of our family about how we're a crazy bunch, but we all have so much love to give.
And in that instant, I know I will do anything for that tiny life that came from my brother and sister-in-law. I will take joy in him growing up and I will treasure the family gatherings where I will get to know him a little better each time.
Oh yes, being Aunt Tif is the best.
Welcome to world, Rylan!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Seven times the love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Congratulations on your new aunt-hood, lol. I don't know how long you're planning on being home, but if you have a spare few minutes I'd love to get together for a lunch or something! va
Hey Randy, David, Noah and I are coming to NE Ohio for about a 24-hour stint. We arrive on Christmas Day in time to open presents with my immediate family, crash, then go to my Uncle's house for the next Christmas and then we go straight home! Guess we'll have to catch you next time.
Congrats Tif I'm so jealous! :)
Post a Comment